Will It Happen Soon??

I haven’t seen the movie 2012, but the thought about the end of the world has been lingering at the back of my mind for some time now. Many people said that the world would be standing still two years from now, but a small voice within me is screaming—taunting my fragile heart---that the end of everything might happen as soon as 2012.


I’m scared. I can’t deny that. I couldn’t entertain the thought of worldwide destruction, of every creature, plants and people dying before my very eyes. I couldn’t entertain the idea of my soul escaping this body---of me not breathing anymore. It’s a nightmare. It’s a delusion…its paranoia….is it???


In just a while, the world had witnessed

the wrath of Mother Nature (more I believe, is the wrath of God). Just a few months ago, the country has been savagely hit by a typhoon. Many people lost their lives and hopes. Grieving…Grieving, breaking so many a hearts. Then out of the blue came the pestilence. Farmers had been whining about their scanty harvest, too insufficient to feed hungry mouths and grumbling stomach. Then again, there came rare and contagious diseases, sprouting like mushrooms. What more??? War, crimes, poverty… what more proof do we need to believe that the world will soon come to an end? Do you know that we’re only waiting for the last sign of judgment day?


I don’t know why I write this. I am scared…scared people used to babble. But you see, I’m just scared that it might be too late for me to do my mission. There are times I keep on asking myself “Have I done enough to make people and God almighty say ---this child has made an exemplary behavior throughout her life.” Have I done enough???


The prospect of Judgment Day is not meant to frighten us. It is only a reminder to us—to the entire humanity to change for the better. It’s our call for the last time to choose our path---to choose the place we want to belong. Hell is earth sooner to be extinct. Earthly people prefer mundane things over divinity.

I don’t know where heaven is but I wanna go there someday. How about you…have you made your choice??

0 comments:

Post a Comment